Friday 22 June 2012

The Real Issue


Starting weight: 9 stone 1.6 pounds
Previous weight: 8 stone 11.2 pounds
Current weight: 8 stone 11.2 pounds

Well, I have gone off the radar for almost two weeks now, as I had some soul searching to do. I have been getting quite upset over the last few days about the fact that the weight isn’t coming off as steadily as I first imagined. The worst thing about this is I cannot pin point what I am actually doing wrong, it is not like I am over eating and under exercising. I eat the right amount per day for a woman with my physic and lifestyle, this is approximately 1200 calories per day. I have even upped the exercise this week and made sure I got out every day. I became an exercise junkie if I wasn't spinning, I was playing football or being walked by dog, yes he genuinely walked me!


 As I am writing this I still feel clueless, although I don’t think the problem is with nutrition or exercise. I think I have gotten myself so discouraged over a reading on the weighting scales, that my mind has started to overrule my body. That is the problem with the scales one week it can be your best friend and then the next it is your enemy. I think it is baffling that by standing on the scales a person’s view of them self can change instantly. For instance, you wake up in the morning and go through your normal daily routine, you put on the perfect outfit and you feel good, looking more fabulous than ever and you begin to think that the diet is starting to pay off, you are practically glowing. Then you decide to stand on the scales, just out of curiosity even though weight day isn’t until Friday and to your surprise you are 2 pounds heavier than the previous week. There in a matter of seconds your mind has instantly changed how you feel about yourself, if you walk back and look in the mirror now I bet you will point out all that is ‘wrong’. This I have to admit is my biggest dilemma and the route to my weight loss mishap. This has to change,I don’t want to let the number on the scales determine how I feel about myself.

So the conclusion I have came to is to weigh myself every two weeks, I will also discipline myself to only step on the scales every second Friday. I think this could really help as weight loss is about more than the physical act of losing weight, your mind has to be in the correct place, and after some weeks of staying the same on the scales, my spirit has gone, the motivation I had at the beginning seems to be the only thing I have been losing. But now that I have acknowledged the problem I can try to fix it and get back on track and remember the real reason for starting this project, the DRESS...






No comments:

Post a Comment