Friday 6 July 2012

A Result At Long Last


Starting weight: 9 stone 1.6 pounds
Previous weight: 8stone 11.2 pounds
Current weight: 8 stone 9.6 pounds

What an amazing two weeks I have had, I been so busy. Between trips to the zoo, nights out with the girls and concerts I have certainly been kept going, passing my summer exams and shedding a couple of pounds has certainly added the icing to my imaginary cake!


During my hectic two weeks I experienced a couple of extremely bad headaches, as I am not one for pain killers I did a little research and decided to start a ten day detox programme. I am currently on day five and feeling great. I will admit this strict regime is not for the faint heart as it requires a serious amount of strength, determination and will power. The detox allows you to have a smootie for breakfast and lunch, two one hundred calorie snacks and one meal with no carbohydrates a day. As you can see it is quite hard, but the most difficult component for me is cutting out caffeine, so far I have coped with the withdraws. It is important to pack the smooties with as much fruit as possible to ensure you are satisfied and to minimize cravings. Here is what I have been having, this is enough to cover both breakfast and lunch.

Ingredients
6 strawberries
12 grapes
12 blueberries
1 kiwi
1 banana
1 apple
4 tbs natural yogurt
250ml cranberry juice

Method

Add all ingredients to a smootie maker, blitz and enjoy.



A good option for the one meal a day is stir fry, as you can pack it with vegetable. Here is one I made mid week. 

Ingredients

Beef diced
1 packed of stir fry vegetables 
Sweetcorn
Peppers
Stir fry sauce

Method

Heat the wok with a little oil, add beef and cook until turns brown, add vegetables and cook for a further 3 minutes, add sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy.


I am really glad I made the decision to weight myself every second week as it seems to have done the trick.  It took alot of pressure off the weight loss process and it helped compensate for days when I fell off the wagon, because let’s face it, they do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment