Saturday 9 June 2012

Slow Progress

Starting weight: 9 stone 1.6 pounds
Previous weight: 8 stone 11.2 pounds
Current weight: 8 stone 11.2 pounds

The last couple of weeks have been slow, but on the plus side, no weight has creeped back on which is something to smile about. Like I mentioned previously my timetable is manic for the next few weeks, so weightloss is being temporarily put on hold. My focus will entirely be on maintenance and healthy eating. I know it is extremely hard to choose the right foods day in day out but I find the best way to do this is to plan. Planning for me is a life savour. I am a complete organizational freak, I like to know what I am doing, when I am doing it and how long it will take, yes I have a tad bit of OCD, but what woman doesn’t! If I plan my breakfast, lunch and dinner the day before I am more likely to stay on track. I do this by preparing my breakfast and lunches for work the night before. I find this very helpful when lunch time comes and the stomach is grumbling all I have to do is take the prepared meal out. If I had to open the fridge to prepare a meal when I'm hungry disater would strike, all my common sense and control would go out the window, because my main focus is filling the gap and satisfying my stomach. Can you see the logic in preparation, it really is a key factor in weight loss and weight maintenance.


This chicken curry is simple to make and extremely tastey. Although the portion is larger than what I would normally consume, but with the long shifts my body needs the extra fuel. Why dont you try this and spice up your dinner.

Ingredients
Chicken Brest (diced)
Onion (diced)
Peppers (diced)
Chilli (diced)
Unice Bens Curry Sauce
Long Grain Rice

Method
Prepare vegetable by dicing. Cut chicken breasts into small cubes. Heat wok and cook chicken until it is golden brown. Add vegetable and jar of sauce, cook for a further 15 minutes. Boil rice as per guidelines. Serve and enjoy.

Eggs are a great snack and super easy to cook. I'd call an egg the 'master food' you can do so much with it between pouching, scrambling, boiling and frying and they are all as yummy as one another. Its ready in a matter of minutes and is a perfect match for brown bread, making a nutritious and calorie controled meal.



Staying on track Monday to Friday also means that on the weekend an unplanned meal out does not lead to sacrifice. For instance last Saturday I headed to Toscanas for dinner, I know if I had had a week of bad choices I would not have enjoyed this night out as much as I did. It was such a treat, the food was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a dainty, romantic Italian restaurant. Definitely somewhere I would go back to again and again.



Last night was one to remember also, I ended up at the JayZ and Kanye West concert in The O2, definitley not my normal music style but it actually was a great night. The crowd was great which really added to the atmosphere and the production was brilliant. If there is tickets for tonight Id suggest getting on and taking a well deserved night off. Sure you will be burning calories while you bop along, its a win win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment