Friday 1 June 2012

Starstruck

Starting weight 9 stone 1.6 pounds
Previous weight 8 stone 11.2 pounds
Current weight 8 stone 11.2 pounds

Lets just say the week did not go according to plan. I am not that surprised though, this week has been hectic. After finishing my exams on Thursday I thought in my head that this is my week to have a really substantial weight loss. That wasn't meant to be though, between visits to the hospital to visit my sick brother, 21st birthday parties and work placement, I literally haven't had a minute to myself. You can agree with me that it was literally impossible to fit in an exercise regime.

This week saw me focus on what I was eating, which was extremely difficult with all the BBQs. With BBQ season in full swing us dieters need to be cautious. Although the method of cooking is fine it is the accompaniments that you need to watch. The burger and hotdog buns, the rolls and the salad are things which you should be weary of. I am certainly not suggesting to cut carbohydrates out I am merely suggesting choosing to either have a burger or a hotdog instead of both. On a positive note, with a BBQ always comes a beautiful salad. It is like a match made in heaven. Load up on these fresh ingredients and you will be surprised how filling they actually are. If you find the salad bland then a salad dressing may jazz it up for you. The Tesco light options dressings are super tasty and contain literally no fat. They are worth a try.

With work placement continuing for the next two weeks my schedule is going to be turned upside down. Working 15 hours a day leads little time to fit anything in. My main focus is going to be watching what I am eating and my portion sizes. Portion sizes is a major flaw for a majority of people, I myself used to be one of them. Here is a few examples of correct portion sizes to keep you on track.

Brown Bread: 2 small slices
Pasta: 1 cup
Rice: 1/2 cup
Cereal: 1/2 cup
Cheese: 30 grams (size of a matchbox)
Lean meat, poultry, oily fish: 150 grams (size of your palm)

I was at 21st birthday party this week, and temptation was every where with a candy land theme! I stayed true to my word and did not deprive myself of anything, so instead of heading for the chocolates I had marshmallows. These are a great treat, they are really sweet and fill you up easily, which means you cant eat too many. When we headed out on Saturday night I became starstruck when I met Damien Byrne a contestant on The Biggest Loser UK 2012. I couldn't help myself I had to go over and introduce myself and congratulate him on his success. He is looking absolutely amazing and is a true motivator.  Unfortunately he had no secret tips for me just hard work and determination. Best get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment