Thursday 24 May 2012

Result


Starting weight: 9 stone 1.6 pounds
Previous weight: 8 stone 13 pounds
Current weight: 8 stone 11.2 pounds
It’ssafe to say it has been a good week, not only did I lose weight but I alsofinished my exams and to top it off the sun is shining. What more could one askfor?! So I took my own advice from last week and I got out and did someexercise and according to the scales it has done the trick. I have done severaldifferent forms of exercise which include walking, jogging and Just Dance forthe Wii. Believe it or not the Just Dance game tested my stamina and my dancingskills, more practice is needed. On a more serious note, it is vital to find aform of exercise you enjoy so you don’t view it as a chore, because who likesdoing chores?! If you have a negative attitude toward exercise then you willnever have a long lasting relationship with it.
NationalVegetarian week is running from the 4th to the 11th ofJune. This would be a great time to try some of the Quorn products which I amalways raving about. This week I made vegetarian lasagne. This dish is great ifyou are on the go and don’t have hours to spend slaving over a hot stove, as itcan be prepared the night before, reheated and frozen. Why don’t you try it yourself?This recipe could make 4-5 generous servings.

Ingredients
Onion
Peppers
Quorn mince 1 bag
Tomato pasta sauce
Whole wheat pasta sheets
White sauce
Reduced fat cheese

Method

Heat a wok with a little olive oil, add the Quorn mince and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chopped onions, peppers and tomato pasta sauce cook for a further 10 minutes. Layer the Quorn mince, pasta sheets and white sauce in an oven proof. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Add a sprinkle of grated cheese. Serve with a side salad.



I alsohad a delicious kiwi and strawberry fruit salad with natural yogurt. This was agreat mid day snack and really filled a gap. Try mixing fruits you like withnatural yogurt and beat the 3pm slump!


This week has been really goodand it has definitely put me in high spirits after last week. I guess my main focus this week is to keep up the exercise and of course work on my tan!

No comments:

Post a Comment